Margarita lovers, this is a must-sip! It's all the citrusy goodness of a margarita without the booze. And it's completely plant-based! Win-win.
Photo by Diana Licalzi
From Mocktail Party: 75 Plant-Based, Non-Alcoholic Recipes for Every Occasion
- Salted rim
- Lime wedges
- Sea salt
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar, plus more to taste
- 2 ½ cups and 2 tablespoons coconut water
- Few dashes of salt
- Your favorite non-alcoholic tequila (we prefer Ritual Zero Proof Tequila or The Free Spirits Company's Spirit of Tequila)
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Plate or shallow bowl
- Salt the rims of four to six lowball or margarita glasses.
- Pour a thin layer of salt onto a plate or a shallow bowl.
- Slide a lime wedge around the rim of the glass to wet it. Or, you can use your finger to apply the juice to the rim of the glass.
- After wetting the rim, dip and twist the glass in the salt.
- Combine all of the drink ingredients in a pitcher. Stir.
- Fill the rimmed glasses with ice.
- Add 1 ounce of non-alcoholic tequila to each glass.
Divide the margarita mix between the glasses.
- Garnish with lime wheels.
about the creator
Kerry Benson, MS, RD and Diana Licalzi, MS, RD are registered dietitians, best-selling authors of Drinking for Two: Nutritious Mocktails for the Mom-to-Be and Mocktail Party: 75 Plant-Based, Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes for Every Occasion, and co-founders of The Sober Dietitians. Kerry and Diana are putting their own “healthy twist” on alcohol-free living and hope to inspire others to explore their relationship with alcohol and to normalize not drinking.